Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 20:32:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) over IP
        Authors         : Margaret Cullen
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-11.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2017-12-02

Abstract:
   The TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol
   supports both point-to-point and multi-access links and is designed
   so that a variety of link protocols can be used between TRILL switch
   ports. This document specifies transmission of encapsulated TRILL
   data and TRILL IS-IS over IP (v4 or v6). so as to use an IP network
   as a TRILL link in a unified TRILL campus. This document updates RFC
   7177 and updates RFC 7178.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 23:37:19 -0500

This revision has changes intended to resolve most, but not all, of the
comments in the Transport Area review of this draft. Thus some additional
work on this draft is needed. The comments concerning NAT traversal were
resolved, as discussed at the TRILL WG meeting at the IETF meeting in
Singapore, by declaring NAT traversal out of scope for this draft.

Additional comments on any of these changes are welcome.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 11:32 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill
>