Subject: [trill] RFC 8385 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Transparent Transport over MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8385

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL) Transparent Transport over MPLS 
        Author:     M. Umair, 
                    S. Kingston Smiler,
                    D. Eastlake 3rd, 
                    L. Yong
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34248
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8385

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8385

This document specifies methods to interconnect multiple TRILL
(Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) sites with an
intervening MPLS network using existing TRILL and VPLS (Virtual
Private LAN Service) standards.  This document addresses two problems:
1) providing connection between more than two TRILL sites that are
separated by an MPLS provider network and 2) providing a single
logical virtualized TRILL network for different tenants that are
separated by an MPLS provider network.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC