Subject: AQM BoF

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:49:26 -0400

Following up after the last TSVAREA meeting where this was
discussed:

We are trying to start a working group in the IETF to focus
on Active Queue Management (AQM) and packet scheduling or
fair queuing algorithms.

There is a mailing list setup at:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm

Anyone interested is free and welcomed to join the discussion.
We especially want to have people with different perspectives
participating, including hardware and software developers for
different types of systems, network operators, academics, etc.

There will also be a Birds of a Feather (BoF) meeting at the
IETF meeting in Berlin (http://www.ietf.org/meeting/87) later
this month, which we wanted to make people aware of.  The
goal of the meeting is to form a working group following the
meeting.

A draft charter that is being discussed can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/aqm/current/msg00165.html

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems