Subject: Looking for scribes and a jabber monitor, for today's session

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 09:46:38 +0900

Dear Transporters,

Mirja and I will need two scribes and one jabber monitor for our session,
today at 15:30, in Grand Ballroom 2.

If you're willing to serve the community in either of these ways, without
being called on at the beginning of the meeting and doing it anyway, please
Reply To All to this email, so that everyone knows what is still open.

Thanks!

Spencer and Mirja

P.s. if you can't run a jabber client, you can join the Meetecho session
with the sound muted, and just use the jabber client provided there.

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 03:01:15 +0100 (CET)

> with the sound muted, and just use the jabber client provided there.

I am not sure I will attend so I can't promise to be scribe. I can however 
offer my experience that using the Meetecho session makes being a jabber 
scribe extremely easy.

Jabber scribe is basically:

Sit down next to front mic with your computer.
Open meetecho session in Chrome or Firefox (I know they work)
Read people names from their name badges and type into meetecho window 
(this is "jabber").
If someone write stuff into jabber, go to mic and relay them.

Since the meetecho session is recorded, this is a great way to give others 
a record of that's going on. You get the name written in the text window 
as that person is speaking (correctly spelled since you're reading it from 
their name badge), you get presentations, video and audio and text all in 
one, all in a standard web browser.

So before being jabber scribe was slightly complicated. Not so anymore.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Matthew Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:47:58 +0900

> On 16 Nov 2016, at 09:46, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Mirja and I will need two scribes and one jabber monitor for our session, today at 15:30, in Grand Ballroom 2.

Assuming you meant 13:30, I am willing to help scribe.

Mat

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 13:02:03 +0900

Hi, Mat,

Yes, 13:30.

Must get more sleep!

And thank you.

Spencer

On Nov 16, 2016 11:48 AM, "Matthew Ford" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Mirja and I will need two scribes and one jabber monitor for our
session, today at 15:30, in Grand Ballroom 2.