Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] [email-masked]: I-D ACTION:draft-allman-tcp-lossrec-00.txt

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:54:26 -0700

Jamshid -

>Some minor clarifications/additions:

>In section 2, it might be good to clarify what is the correct behavior
>in the case where the retransmission threshold is > 3.  It says you
>should send N-1 Limited Transmits, but it also says max 2 in the
>example.

Yep, we will clarify that.  We are currently only proposing
Limited Transmit for the first two dup acks.  (When someone
has a concrete proposal for a mechanism for an adaptive duplicate
acknowledgement threshold to take to the IETF, they can deal with
the question of extending Limited Transmit then, I would say.
The current proposal is in the context of a duplicate acknowledgement
threshold of at most three packets.)

>In section 3, it would be nice to see a short "SHOULD" or "MAY" at the
>beginning which specifies the algorithm.  

Will do.  Thanks for the suggested sentence to add, it seems just right.

- Sally

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg