Subject: [Tsvwg] Status changes of "TCP Congestion Window Validation"

From: Chris Aston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:25:38 +0100

Can anyone help me understand the reasons behind the status changes of the
"TCP Congestion Window Validation" RFC?

In the mail to tsvwg of 30 Oct 99 it talks about considering it as a
"Proposed Standard". Then in April 2000 it was approved by the IESG for
publication, but as an "Informational" RFC. Then just a few days ago it was
published as RFC 2861, but as an "Experimental" RFC.

I guess I've got two questions:

1) What was the reasoning behind (and implications of) the status changes in
this RFC? So far I haven't been able to find any email discussion about it.

2) More generally, does this mean that it's not possible to assume anything
about the final status of an internet draft ie do you really have to wait
for it to be published by the RFC editor?

Many thanks,

Chris Aston
Principal Development Engineer
Synaxia Networks

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg