Subject: [Tsvwg] BICC CS1+ STCs

From: "Hall, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:30:22 -0500

Scott and Randy,

On June 29th, T1S1 approved the initiation of a default letter ballot for a

proposed Committee T1 Standard covering BICC CS1+: Signaling  
Transport Converters (STCs). In an attempt to prevent  interoperability 
difficulties from arising, the material related to  operation of BICC over 
RFC 2960 has been removed and the  following note inserted in its place: 

"NOTE:  A supplement is expected to be added to this standard  that 
defines an STC for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol  (SCTP) 
when the issue with the SCTP error check mechanism  (Adler-32 
checksum) is resolved in the IETF." 

T1S1 participants acknowledge the expertise and responsibility of  the 
IETF to resolve this matter and anxiously await completion of  the 
specification within the IETF so that T1S1 may complete its  work on the 
application of SCTP in public telephony networks  within the US. 

Note that we expect to coordinate the results of your work with the ITU-
T SG 11 work in this area.

Should you wish to see a copy of the proposed standard, it is  available 
at:    
http://www.t1.org/FileMgr/GetOneFile.taf?FileName=1S171592&NW=Y 

Please let me know if you need any additional information,
Bob Hall
T1S1 Chairman

SBC Communications, Inc.
9505 Arboretum Blvd., Austin, TX  78759
office: (512) 372-5842    fax: (512) 241-5842

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 01:00:37 -0500

Bob,

> http://www.t1.org/FileMgr/GetOneFile.taf?FileName=1S171592&NW=Y 

The file is not available at the URL provided...

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦

---

From: Chip Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:49:13 -0400

Here is the original letter ballot version:
ftp://ftp.t1.org/BALLOTS/CURRENT/Lb988.pdf

---

From: "Greg Ratta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:07:57 -0400

Brian, et al.,

I am not sure what the original problem was, but here is an 
alternative link ... that worked when I tested it.

ftp://ftp.t1.org/T1S1/T1S1.3/2001/1s131690.doc

> The file is not available at the URL provided...

Greg Ratta, Vice-Chairman, T1S1: Services, Architectures and Signaling
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +1 732 332 5174, Fax: +1 732 949 1196, [email-masked]