Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpcsum-00.txt

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:15:31 -0400 (EDT)

> why is this a work item of the TSV WG 

SCTP is now "owned" by the TSVWG

Scott

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Ian Rytina <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:50:09 +1000

Hi Scott,

This is a minor point, probably more for my own education on the IETF
process than anything else. I am somewhat more interested in the
technical issue.

The point I was trying to make was that the way I read the "Guidelines
to Authors of I-Ds" was that the WG Chair can permit an I-D to be
published as a working group document (i.e. ietf-tsvwg-xxxx rather
than ietf-individualname-tsvwg-xxxx) if requested. So, yes I understand
that ultimately it is up to you and Alison as the WG Chairs to permit this.

But the nature of this particular issue is such that it was up to the individuals
wanting change to "prove" the need for change. Hence, I would have thought
at this early stage in the I-D process it is not (yet) a TSV working group
document, it is an individual submission within the TSV WG.

Regards,

Ian.