Subject: [Tsvwg] SCTP: 8.5.1: Rules for packet carrying ABORT

From: David Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:13:20 -0400

Hello,

	I have a quick question.  Actually, I really
	just want to confirm the accuracy of the text in
	8.5.1 (B).

	The last bullet says:
      -  The receiver MUST accept the packet if the Verification Tag
         matches either its own tag, OR the tag of its peer.  Otherwise,
         the receiver MUST silently discard the packet and take no
         further action.

	Doesn't the T bit matter as it does in "C) Rules for packet 
	carrying SHUTDOWN COMPLETE", where it says,

      -  The receiver of a SHUTDOWN COMPLETE shall accept the packet if
         the Verification Tag field of the packet matches its own tag OR
         it is set to its peer's tag and the T bit is set in the Chunk
         Flags.

	Please confirm that the T bit has no bearing on whether
	the ABORT chunk is accepted or not.

-David