Subject: [Tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-01.txt: sctp_peeloff questions

From: Jon Grimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:58:24 -0500

Section 3.1

...
Once an association is branched off to a separate socket, it becomes
completely separated from the original socket.  All subsequent
control and data operations to that association must be done through
the new socket. For example, the close operation on the original
socket will not terminate any associations that have been branched
off to a different socket.

...

What is the expected API behavior if the original socket attempts to
sendmsg() on the branched off association's peer address?   

What is the expected API behavior if the peeled off association is
shutdown and a new sendmsg() with the peeled off association's remote
address is requested on the original socket?
 
What is the expected API behavior if the peeled off association is
shutdown and a new sendmsg() is requested on peeled-off socket?  

Regards,
Jon Grimm
IBM Linux Technology Center

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg