Subject: [Tsvwg] new I-D for Smart Fragmentation of TCP segments

From: "Claudio E. Casetti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:34:55 +0100

Folks,
      we recently submitted a new I-D (see details below) discussing 
a segmentation algorithm that provides for setting the initial window 
(and the restart window) to 4 smaller segments, whose aggregate payload 
is equal to the connection's SMSS, thus enabling the Fast 
Retransmit/Recovery algorithm even when the congestion window is small.

This is somewhat related to the Increasing TCP's Initial Window issue
and to the ABC scheme. 

We'd like to hear comments/opinions about it, especially from people
involved in the above I-Ds.

Thanks,
Claudio

-- 
+------*<>*--------->*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<-----------*<>*--------+
| When I'm in bear country I like to be surrounded by people who   |
| can't outrun me         - Scott Adams                            |
+------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                      Claudio Casetti                             |
| Politecnico di Torino          Home Page:                        |
| Torino - Italy                 http://www1.tlc.polito.it/casetti |
+------*<>*--------->*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<-----------*<>*--------+

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:40:35 -0800

> This is somewhat related to the Increasing TCP's Initial Window issue

OK, I'll bite :-)

Related to or made redundent by?

I.e., given TCPIW and/or ABC, what does the smaller segment do?

And how does it interact with ACK compression and Nagle, in particular?

Joe