Subject: [Tsvwg] TCP Question about Fast-retransmit:

From: "sanjay kaniyar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:41:36 -0800

Upon reception of a 3rd duplicate acknowledgement, sender TCP retransmits 
what it thinks is the missing segment and goes ahead with the rest of the 
alogorithm.

In case where the RTO is closely tracking the true RTT of the connection, it 
would invariably end up handling a retransmission timeout because - by the 
time duplicate acks are received by the sender, approximately 1 RTT would 
have expired and by the time any ack for the new data arrives, 1 more RTT 
would have expired.

So, why not restart the Retransmission timer when a fast-retransmit happens?

Thanks,
Sanjay

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg