Subject: [Tsvwg] sctpsocket-02.txt

From: Scott Kimble <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:32:37 -0800

Section 8.5 sctp_getladdrs()

The "sctp_assoc_t id" parameter is not required.  Applications may query
an SCTP instance prior to any association being established.

For example, since IN[6]ADDR_ANY is "optimal" (not necessarily all), an
application my want to call sctp_getladdrs() after calling bind
(IN[6]ADDR_ANY) to determine what the optimal set is.

--
[email-masked]
Office 1.650.864.6587
Mobile 1.650.743.7903

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:53:59 -0600

Scott:

In thinking on this item, I will add a note that if you
set the associ_id field to 0 you get the endpoints currently
bound set. 

You must still have a way to get the specific set on a association
since if you do NOT have the add-ip draft in place it is possible
that if I do a bind to INADDR_ANY and setup an association followed
by a ifconfig up of a new address and a subsequent association the
same endpoint will have two different associations with different
sets of bound addresses. Even if add-ip is supported the peer may
NOT support it and so you may get divergent sets of address for the
local endpoint...

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
[email-masked] 815-342-5222 (cell phone)