Subject: [Tsvwg] TCP MIB plans

From: Matt Mathis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:57:46 -0500 (EST)

Through a long series of pair-wise conversations, Scott Bradner, Allison Mankin,
Bill Fenner and I have converged on a plan for the two open TCP MIB drafts.

We will be keeping them as separate documents until they are further along the
standards process and merge them into a single document at some future date.

Specifically:

The ipv6 WG will remove some duplicated performance measurement instruments
from the rfc2012 update draft [1].

I will minimize duplicated objects in the RFC2012 extensions draft [2].  The
duplicated objects that remain will be the minimal set needed to permit a stand
alone implementation of the extensions draft.  These objects will be kept
up-to-date with any changes to the corresponding objects in the rfc2012 update
draft.

Future versions of the extensions draft will be submitted as tsv WG work items
(i.e. named -ietf-tsvwg- )

The two documents will proceed independently on the standards track for some
yet to be determined time.  Since there is an urgent need to complete an
TCP/IPv6 MIB, it is expected that the rfc2012 update will be completed first.

In principle the two documents can merged at any time.  The actual timing will
be determined by process questions pertaining to the IPv6 communities need to
deploy a complete MIB set for the IPv6 base protocols.

Thanks,
--MM--

[1] draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2012-update-02.txt

[2] draft-mathis-rfc2012-extension-00.txt

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg