Subject: [Tsvwg] A couple questions about draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-02.txt

From: "Mingqin Liu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:34:19 -0600

1.  In Read/Write options, we have data structures (e.g., sctp_rtoinfo,
sctp_assocparams, and etc) that have assoc_id in them. If this mechanism
works for getsockopt or setsockopt, we can get rid of sctp_opt_info.  The
reason to introducing a new sctp_opt_info function call is to pass assoc_id
to the SCTP stack. If we can wrap assoc_id in "arg" (as we do in structure
sctp_rtoinfo) passed to sctp_opt_info, it becomes a getsockopt call.

For reference, here I included some of the data structures and function
calls:

struct sctp_rtoinfo {
     uint32_t                      srto_initial;
     uint32_t                      srto_max;
     uint32_t                      srto_min;
     sctp_assoc_t          srto_assoc_id;
};

int sctp_opt_info(int sd, sctp_assoc_t id, int opt, void *arg);

2. Please explain more about the meaning of "Read/Write Options". I am kind
of confused by "Read/Write" terms. Is "Read" equivalent to get and "Write"
to set?

I thought that we can pass the 11 Read/Write options to both getsockopt and
setsockopt. However, the explanations about those options sound more like
that they are only used by setsockopt. Furthermore, there are three options
named as SCTP_SET_PRIMARY_ADDR, SCTP_SET_PEER_PRIMARY_ADDR and
SCTP_SET_ADAPTION_LAYER_BITS, which makes them even more set-only like or
write-only like.

3. In Section 5.4.3, the first line reads "[T]he information conveyed via
SCTP_SNDRCV events ... " I could not find SCTP_SNDRCV event type or
notification type in Section 5.3. I think that the word "events" here is a
typo. It should be "ancillary data" instead.

Thanks.

Mingqin

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg