Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:26:57 -0400

The rddp WG has the task of mapping whatever RDMA and DDP mechanisms
it chooses to SCTP; that'll involve a new draft.  While MPA is a
possible mapping to TCP, the rddp WG also has the task
of producing a mapping of RDMA and DDP to TCP that does not involve
MPA or a similar framing mechanism, but the SCTP mapping comes
first - see the rddp charter.

Brian - if you're interested in helping, I can put you in touch
with some other folks who are interested in producing a first
version of an SCTP mapping draft.  Let me know off the list.

Thanks,
--David (rddp WG chair)
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:45:06 -0600

Black_David,

Sure, I'm interested in helping:  but, I think I bit
on an iSCSI draft which I should complete first.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦
_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg