Subject: [Tsvwg] Corrected FTP over SCTP results

From: "Paul D. Amer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:59:17 -0400

In the 23rd IEEE International Performance, Computing, and
Communications Conf (IPCCC 2004), Phoenix, 4/04,
Sourabh Ladha and I published the paper
``Improving multiple file transfers using SCTP multistreaming.''

Unbeknownst to us, in our experiments the SCTP end-points incorrectly
used Netbed's error-free, no-delay control connection for retransmissions
thereby biasing the results in favor of SCTP. (Multihoming was
taking place implicitly.)

We have corrected this error, and re-run the entire set of experiments.
The corrected results still show that SCTP with multistreaming and the
use of command pipelining can provide significant reductions in
the time to transfer multiple files, although less significant than
previously published.

The corrected results are available at
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~amer/PEL/poc/pdf/IPCCC2004CORRECTED-FTP-over-SCTP-Natarajan-6-6-2005.pdf

We sincerely regret our oversight.

Paul D. Amer
Sourabh Ladha

_______________________________________________
tsvwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg