Subject: [Tsvwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Reservations
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2007-1-24
	
[RSVP-AGG] defines aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) 
   reservations allowing resources to be reserved in a Diffserv network 
   for a given Per Hop Behavior (PHB), or given set of PHBs, from a 
   given source to a given destination. [RSVP-AGG] also defines how end-   to-end RSVP reservations can be aggregated onto such aggregate 
   reservations when transiting through a Diffserv cloud. There are 
   situations where multiple such aggregate reservations are needed for 
   the same source IP address, destination IP address and PHB (or set of 
   PHBs). However, this is not supported by the aggregate reservations 
   defined in [RSVP-AGG]. In order to support this, the present document 
   defines a more flexible type of aggregate RSVP reservations, referred 
   to as generic aggregate reservation. Multiple such generic aggregate 
   reservations can be established for a given PHB (or set of PHBs) from 
   a given source IP address to a given destination IP address. The 
   generic aggregate reservations may be used to aggregate end-to-end 
   RSVP reservations. This document also defines the procedures for such 
   aggregation. The generic aggregate reservations may also be used end-
   to-end directly by end-systems attached to a Diffserv network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:45:40 +0100

WG,

There are some substantial changes in this version of the document to 
address IETF LC comments. Please review and provide any comments within 
a week.

A side by side diff of the changes are available here:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04-from-03.diff.html

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:04:12 +0100

Hello,

On 25 Jan 2007, at 15:45, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> WG,
>
> There are some substantial changes in this version of the document  
> to address IETF LC comments.

To facilitate this review, the key changes are:

              o rewritten and considerably expanded Security  
Considerations section (with text agreed on mailing list)

              o correction in description of "Take highest priority"  
in section 3.1.1.

              o use of PHB-ID instead of DSCP in Session object. This  
is to address David Black's comment. PHB-ID allows explicit  
indication of whether the aggregate RSVP reservations take resource  
from a single PHB (e.g. EF) or a set of PHBs (e.g. AF4x). Also, it  
allows aggregate RSVP reservations to span multiple Diffserv Domains  
even if those happen to use different DSCP values for the PGB (or set  
of PHBs) of interest.

Cheers

Francois

> Please review and provide any comments within a week.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec/draft- 
> ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04-from-03.diff.html
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus
>
>> [RSVP-AGG] defines aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol  
>> (RSVP)    reservations allowing resources to be reserved in a  
>> Diffserv network    for a given Per Hop Behavior (PHB), or given  
>> set of PHBs, from a    given source to a given destination. [RSVP- 
>> AGG] also defines how end-   to-end RSVP reservations can be  
>> aggregated onto such aggregate    reservations when transiting  
>> through a Diffserv cloud. There are    situations where multiple  
>> such aggregate reservations are needed for    the same source IP  
>> address, destination IP address and PHB (or set of    PHBs).  
>> However, this is not supported by the aggregate reservations     
>> defined in [RSVP-AGG]. In order to support this, the present  
>> document    defines a more flexible type of aggregate RSVP  
>> reservations, referred    to as generic aggregate reservation.  
>> Multiple such generic aggregate    reservations can be established  
>> for a given PHB (or set of PHBs) from    a given source IP address  
>> to a given destination IP address. The    generic aggregate  
>> reservations may be used to aggregate end-to-end    RSVP  
>> reservations. This document also defines the procedures for  
>> such    aggregation. The generic aggregate reservations may also  
>> be used end-
>> To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message  
>> to [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the  
>> body of the message. You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/ 
>> mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce to change your subscription settings.
>> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with  
>> the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  
>> After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get draft- 
>> ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt".
>> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow- 
>> sites.txt