Subject: [Tsvwg] BCP 133, RFC 5033 on Specifying New Congestion Control Algorithms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:22:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 133        
        RFC 5033

        Title:      Specifying New Congestion Control Algorithms 
        Author:     S. Floyd, M. Allman
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23469
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0133

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5033.txt

The IETF's standard congestion control schemes have been widely
shown to be inadequate for various environments (e.g., high-speed
networks).  Recent research has yielded many alternate congestion
control schemes that significantly differ from the IETF's congestion
control principles.  Using these new congestion control schemes in
the global Internet has possible ramifications to both the traffic
using the new congestion control and to traffic using the currently
standardized congestion control.  Therefore, the IETF must proceed
with caution when dealing with alternate congestion control
proposals.  The goal of this document is to provide guidance for
considering alternate congestion control algorithms within the IETF.  
This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...