Subject: [Tsvwg] RFC 4923 on Quality of Service (QoS) Signaling in a Nested Virtual Private Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:10:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4923

        Title:      Quality of Service (QoS) Signaling 
                    in a Nested Virtual Private Network 
        Author:     F. Baker, P. Bose
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 92632
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-vpn-signaled-preemption-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4923.txt

Some networks require communication between an interior and exterior
portion of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or through a concatenation
of such networks resulting in a nested VPN, but have sensitivities
about what information is communicated across the boundary, especially
while providing quality of service to communications with different
precedence.  This note seeks to outline the issues and the nature of
the proposed solutions based on the framework for Integrated Services
operation over Diffserv networks as described in RFC 2998.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...