Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 04:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : R. Stewart, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-09.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2011-01-04

Many applications that use SCTP want the ability to "reset" a stream.
The intention of resetting a stream is to set the numbering sequence
of the stream back to 'zero' with a corresponding notification to the
upper layer that this has been performed.  The applications that want
this feature want it so that they can "re-use" streams for different
purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number so that the
application can track the message flows.  Thus, without this feature,
a new use of an old stream would result in message numbers greater
than expected unless there is a protocol mechanism to "reset the
streams back to zero".  This document also includes methods for
resetting the transport sequence numbers, adding additional streams
and resetting all stream sequence numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.