Subject: RFC 6083 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:51:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6083

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
                    for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) 
        Author:     M. Tuexen, R. Seggelmann,
                    E. Rescorla
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16674
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6083.txt

This document describes the usage of the Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) protocol over the Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP).

DTLS over SCTP provides communications privacy for applications that
use SCTP as their transport protocol and allows client/server
applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent
eavesdropping and detect tampering or message forgery.

Applications using DTLS over SCTP can use almost all transport
features provided by SCTP and its extensions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC