Subject: RFC 6096 on Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Chunk Flags Registration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:44:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6096

        Title:      Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) 
                    Chunk Flags Registration 
        Author:     M. Tuexen, R. Stewart
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15368
        Updates:    RFC4960

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-chunk-flags-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6096.txt

This document defines the procedure for registering chunk flags with
the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) for the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  It updates RFC 4960 and also defines
the IANA registry for contents for currently defined chunk types.  It
does not change SCTP in any other way.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC