Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-10.txt> (Applicability of Keying Methods for RSVP Security) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 06:29:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group 
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Applicability of Keying Methods for RSVP Security'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-10.txt> as an Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP) allows hop-by-hop integrity
   protection of RSVP neighbors.  This requires messages to be
   cryptographically protected using a shared secret between
   participating nodes.  This document compares group keying for RSVP
   with per neighbor or per interface keying, and discusses the
   associated key provisioning methods as well as applicability and
   limitations of these approaches.  The document also discusses
   applicability of encrypting RSVP messages.

The Responsible AD notes that the IPR declaration terms seem to apply to
standards-track documents, but not necessarily to an Informational document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/988/