Subject: WGLC closed for draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:56:07 -0500

As the chair who initiated the WGLC for SCTP Stream Reconfiguration, 
I have waited long enough for those that expressed issues in the 
distant past to come forward with specific suggestions on what to 
change. The authors having received none, their proposed changes are 
considered accepted by TSVWG. The WGLC is now closed for this draft. 
Anyone having an issue with this decision can come find me.

James
TSVWG co-chair

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working 
Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Stream 
Reconfiguration
	Author(s)       : Randall R. Stewart
                           Michael Tuexen
                           Peter Lei
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-12.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2011-08-06

    Many applications that use SCTP want the ability to 
&quot;reset&quot; a stream.
    The intention of resetting a stream is to set the numbering sequence
    of the stream back to &#39;zero&#39; with a corresponding 
notification to the
    upper layer that this has been performed.  The applications that want
    this feature want it so that they can &quot;re-use&quot; streams 
for different
    purposes but still utilize the stream sequence number so that the
    application can track the message flows.  Thus, without this feature,
    a new use of an old stream would result in message numbers greater
    than expected unless there is a protocol mechanism to &quot;reset the
    streams back to zero&quot;.  This document also includes methods for
    resetting the transport sequence numbers, adding additional streams
    and resetting all stream sequence numbers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-strrst-12.txt