Subject: WG: Adopting draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately as WG item?

From: "Adhari, Hakim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:25:18 +0200

Hi all,

I have worked with the FreeBSD implementation of SACK-IMMEDIATELY and I
think it is quite useful to improve the performance. I would review this
document.

Best wishes,

Hakim Adhari

Research Assistant at the Computer Networking Technology Group,
University of Duisburg-Essen
http://www.tdr.wiwi.uni-due.de/team/hakim-adhari/

----------  Weitergeleitete Nachricht  ----------

Betreff: Adopting draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately as WG item?
Datum: Dienstag 09 August 2011, 09:36:10
Von: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
An: tsvwg chair <[email-masked]>

The authors of "SACK-IMMEDIATELY extension for the Stream Control
Transmission Protocol draft-tuexen-tsvwg-sctp-sack-immediately-06.txt" 
requests that this is adopted as WG item.

    This document defines a method for a sender of a DATA chunk to
    indicate that the corresponding SACK chunk should be sent back
    immediately.

There was hum indicating general WG support for this at the last IETF in
Quebec City, and the document appears mature to complete quickly. This
email is to allow people to confirm that there is sufficient energy to
complete this work in TSVWG.

* PLEASE send an email to this list if you think this work needs to be
done in the IETF (even if you previously noted this at the IETF).

* PLEASE send an email to this list if you think adopting this document
in TSVWG is a good *OR* a bad idea.

* Please also indicate if you are willing to REVIEW such a document
during its development - our AD has indicated that we expect to have at
least 4 people who commit to review WG outputs. If you can promise to do
this please say!

Please provide any comments at the latest by 23rd August 2011.

Best regards

Gorry & James
(TSVWG Co-Chairs)