Subject: RFC 6401 on RSVP Extensions for Admission Priority

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:52:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6401

        Title:      RSVP Extensions for Admission Priority 
        Author:     F. Le Faucheur, J. Polk,
                    K. Carlberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 72343
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6401.txt

Some applications require the ability to provide an elevated
probability of session establishment to specific sessions in times of
network congestion.  When supported over the Internet Protocol suite,
this may be facilitated through a network-layer admission control
solution that supports prioritized access to resources (e.g.,
bandwidth).  These resources may be explicitly set aside for
prioritized sessions, or may be shared with other sessions.  This
document specifies extensions to the Resource reSerVation Protocol
(RSVP) that can be used to support such an admission priority
capability at the network layer.

Based on current security concerns, these extensions are intended for
use in a single administrative domain.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC