Subject: RFC 6411 on Applicability of Keying Methods for RSVP Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6411

        Title:      Applicability of Keying Methods for 
                    RSVP Security 
        Author:     M. Behringer, F. Le Faucheur,
                    B. Weis
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 46072
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6411.txt

The Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP) allows hop-by-hop integrity
protection of RSVP neighbors.  This requires messages to be
cryptographically protected using a shared secret between
participating nodes.  This document compares group keying for RSVP
with per-neighbor or per-interface keying, and discusses the
associated key provisioning methods as well as applicability and
limitations of these approaches.  This document also discusses
applicability of encrypting RSVP messages.  This document is not an 
Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC