Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:48:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Byte and Packet Congestion Notification
	Author(s)       : Bob Briscoe
                          Jukka Manner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-05.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   This memo concerns dropping or marking packets using active queue
   management (AQM) such as random early detection (RED) or pre-
   congestion notification (PCN).  We give three strong recommendations:
   (1) packet size should be taken into account when transports read and
   respond to congestion indications, (2) packet size should not be
   taken into account when network equipment creates congestion signals
   (marking, dropping), and therefore (3) the byte-mode packet drop
   variant of the RED AQM algorithm that drops fewer small packets
   should not be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-05.txt