Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 21:39:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DiffServ to IEEE 802.11 Mapping
        Authors         : Tim Szigeti
                          Fred Baker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2016-11-15

Abstract:
   As internet traffic is increasingly sourced-from and destined-to
   wireless endpoints, it is crucial that Quality of Service be aligned
   between wired and wireless networks; however, this is not always the
   case by default.  This is due to the fact that two independent
   standards bodies provide QoS guidance on wired and wireless networks:
   specifically, the IETF specifies standards and design recommendations
   for wired IP networks, while a separate and autonomous standards-
   body, the IEEE, administers the standards for wireless 802.11
   networks.  The purpose of this document is to propose a set
   Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) to IEEE 802.11 User
   Priority (UP) mappings to reconcile the marking recommendations
   offered by these two standards bodies, and, as such, to optimize
   wired-and-wireless interconnect QoS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/