Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-fast-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:09:18 -0800

Hello,

I posted this draft on "Firewall and Service Tickets" draft. This is a
proposed method to allow hosts and applications to signal the network
to make requests for services to be applied to flows. The concept of a
rich and extensible  protocol to signal the network was inspired by
the SPUD/PLUS work, however this proposal uses IPv6 extension headers
instead of UDP shim headers and tries to strictly control exposure
application characteristics or content to untrusted parties.

I've cross posted this ti tsvwg an panrg as I'm not yet sure where
this work would belong.

Any feedback is very welcome!

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-fast-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-fast-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-fast
Revision:       00
Title:          Firewall and Service Tickets
Document date:  2018-01-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          21
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-fast-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-fast/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-fast-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-fast-00

Abstract:
   This document describes the Firewalls and Service Tickets protocol. A
   ticket is data that accompanies a packet and indicates a granted
   right to traverse a network or a request for network service to be
   applied. Applications request tickets from a local agent in the
   network and attach issued tickets to packets. Firewall tickets are
   issued to grant packets the right to traverse a network; service
   tickets indicate the desired service to be applied to a packets. A
   single ticket may provide both firewall and service ticket
   information. Tickets are sent in either IPv6 Destination options or
   Hop-by-Hop options.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat