Subject: [tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled update

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 10:59:29 +0000

Folks,

We've updated the draft on the L4S dualq-coupled AQM, based on 
continuing evaluation work.
As well as minor improvements throughout, the main changes are:

* S.2.4: Tidied up some sloppiness in the description of the probability 
level where it is coupled across the queues.
* S2.5.1: Priority of L4S over Classic MUST be conditional to prevent 
starvation (was SHOULD)
* S.4.1: Overload handling section: Completely restructured, to give 
clear problem descriptions and solution choices.

DualPI2 Pseudocode Appendix A
* Generalized the scheduler between the two queues to either WRR or 
time-shifted FIFO and explains the pros and (minor) cons of each.
* Generalized the queue delay measurement technique to either sojourn 
time or rate-based estimation
* Generalized the native L4S AQM to either a step or a ramp function.

* Added an open issues appendix (D).

Cheers

Bob