Subject: [Unbearable] tokenbinding/internet-drafts repo conventions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:32:36 -0600

i suggest establishing some further conventions wrt how we manage the
tokenbinding/internet-drafts repo.

Essentially, the specs that we are "publishing" via the repo (i.e., via the
spec links in README.md) are "editors' drafts" -- i.e., the specs pub'd via
the repo do not necessarily match that published in the rfc-editors'
internet-drafts repository.

For example, Dirk merged PR#19 into -tokbind-https-03, so now the repo's copy
has diverged from <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tokbind-https-03>.

this is not a big deal, we should just be explicit about it and update the
README appropriately.

Additionally, ISTM that upon making any changes to any of the spec files in
master branch post official draft publication, eg as what has occured with
-https-03, we should increment the spec's version in the repo.

for example, since -https-03 is officially published, and we have made changes
to the editors' source file in the repo, we should go ahead and increment the
version to be -https-04 because it is effectively the current "editors' draft"
for the to-be-published -04 rev.

This is similar to how "editors' drafts" are often made available in the W3C
context.

thoughts?

=JeffH

---

From: Dirk Balfanz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 18:36:02 +0000

Agreed about the version numbers. I was wondering why your PR didn't change
the version number. :-)

Dirk.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 1:32 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> has diverged from <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tokbind-https-03
> >.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unbearable mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/unbearable
>