Subject: [Unbearable] draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation feedback

From: Nick Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:03:10 -0700

As far as I can tell, draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation (TBNEGO) does not
limit which versions of TLS that the extension can be used with. I'm
assuming that draft-ietf-tls-tls13 (TLS 1.3) will get published before
draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation. Section 4.2.7 (Early Data Indication)
of TLS 1.3 (draft 19) specifies that "Future extensions MUST define
their interaction with 0-RTT.".

I see two potential options to reconcile this disagreement:

1) Have TBNEGO specify something like "Token Binding and 0-RTT MUST
NOT both be negotiated on the same connection" and let
draft-ietf-tokbind-tls13-0rtt update TBNEGO later.
2) Specify in TBNEGO a max TLS version of 1.2, and have
draft-ietf-tokbind-tls13-0rtt or another draft specify the behavior of
the extension in TLS 1.3 and higher.

Does this WG think this is something that needs to be addressed? Are
there other options to consider?

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 00:17:54 +0200

> their interaction with 0-RTT.".

Since we're post WGLC its increasingly critical keep very careful track
of issues that crop up. Can you open an issue for this on github?

Please continue discussion here as usual.

	Cheers Leif

> _______________________________________________
> Unbearable mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/unbearable
>

---

From: Nick Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:25:15 -0700

> Please continue discussion here as usual.

https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts/issues/98 created.

---

From: Andrei Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 22:28:33 +0000

Hi Nick,

As discussed earlier, I will add text to the next revision of TBNEGO saying that TB negotiation in TLS 1.3 is out of scope for this spec. Then you can describe TLS 1.3 TB negotiation in draft-ietf-tokbind-tls13-0rtt or a separate spec.

Cheers,

Andrei

-----Original Message-----
From: Unbearable [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Leif Johansson
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Unbearable] draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation feedback

> their interaction with 0-RTT.".

Since we're post WGLC its increasingly critical keep very careful track of issues that crop up. Can you open an issue for this on github?

	Cheers Leif