Subject: Re: [Unbearable] Thurs 9am-10am in Lugano: additional TB TTRP meeting

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 12:07:20 -0600

Thanks to the several people who came out on Thursday morning to discuss
the approach around TTRP & TB.

The (more than rough) consensus that morning was that it was more
appropriate for the TTRP to do the validation of the Token Binding Message
in the Sec-Token-Binding header. That is contrary to the approach described
in -00 of draft-campbell-tokbind-tls-term
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-tokbind-tls-term-00>. In order
to move forward and facilitate discussion,I plan to write a new draft that
reflects that preference of having the TTRP do the validation. Don't have
an ETA on that just yet but I'll post it to this list when I have something
readable.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, the presentation and discussion on Token Binding and TLS
> Terminating Reverse Proxies was cut short by the end of Monday's meeting.
> I would like to invite (or maybe beg) anyone who's interested in, or has
> input into, the topic to meet again this week to discuss it more. Ideally
> I'd like to have some sense of consensus on a preferred approach so I can
> proceed with document work.
>
> I've reserved Lugano, the attendee sign-up room, for an hour starting at
> 9am on Thursday (trying to find a good time was hard, sorry, I hope this
> works okay for folks) for this ad hoc meeting.
>
> Lugano is on the 2nd floor. See https://datatracker.ietf.org/
> meeting/98/floor-plan?room=lugano#chicago-swissotel-floor-2
>
> The slides that were partially presented at yesterday's meeting are
> attached for background and context.
>
> Hope to see many of you there!
>