Subject: [Unbearable] Adam Roach's Yes on draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 13:42:46 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation-12: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-negotiation/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Addendum: the ARTART review raises a point that I believe should be fixed or
clarified in the document:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-tokbind-negotiation-12-artart-telechat-miller-2018-05-08/

Original Comments:

I would really like to see a non-normative mention of draft-ietf-tokbind-tls13
in here, to let readers know that a TLS 1.3 solution is in progress rather than
merely being excluded from scope.

I also think the Abstract is incomplete without mentioning the limitation of
this document's mechanism to TLS 1.2 and lower.