Subject: [Unbearable] RFC 8471 on The Token Binding Protocol Version 1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 18:39:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8471

        Title:      The Token Binding Protocol Version 1.0 
        Author:     A. Popov, Ed.,
                    M. Nystroem,
                    D. Balfanz,
                    J. Hodges
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39858
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8471

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8471

This document specifies version 1.0 of the Token Binding protocol.
The Token Binding protocol allows client/server applications to
create long-lived, uniquely identifiable TLS bindings spanning
multiple TLS sessions and connections.  Applications are then enabled
to cryptographically bind security tokens to the TLS layer,
preventing token export and replay attacks.  To protect privacy, the
Token Binding identifiers are only conveyed over TLS and can be reset
by the user at any time.

This document is a product of the Token Binding Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC