Subject: [URN] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urn-req-frame-04.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:47:45 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Architectural Principles of 
                          Uniform Resource Name Resolution
	Author(s)	: K. Sollins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-urn-req-frame-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 1997-09-26
	
This document addresses the issues of the discovery of URN (Uniform
Resource Name) resolver services that in turn will directly translate
URNs into URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) and URCs (Uniform Resource
Characteristics).  The document falls into three major parts, the
assumptions underlying the work, the guidelines in order to be a
viable Resolver Discovery Service or RDS, and a framework for
designing RDSs.  The guidelines fall into three principle areas:
evolvability, usability, and security and privacy.  An RDS that is
compliant with the framework will not necessarily be compliant with
the guidelines.  Compliance with the guidelines will need to be
validated separately.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-urn-req-frame-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-req-frame-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-req-frame-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.