Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-masinter-dated-uri-03.txt

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:58:27 -0700

I hope I've addressed the comments I've gotten on this.
If you said something and think I ignored you, please
let me know, I might have lost some comments.

I picked "[email-masked]" as the main list to discuss this
draft on for public comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 5:14 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masinter-dated-uri-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : 'duri' and 'tdb': URN namespaces based on
dated URIs
        Author(s)       : L. Masinter
        Filename        : draft-masinter-dated-uri-03.txt
        Pages           : 20
        Date            : 25-Apr-02

This document defines two namespaces of URNs, based on using a
timestamp with an (encoded) URI.  The results are namespaces in which
names are readily assigned, offer the persistence of reference that
is required by URNs, but do not require a stable authority to assign
the name.  The first namespace ('duri') is used to refer to URI-
identified resources as they appeared at a particular time.  The
second namespace ('tdb') is useful as a way of creating URNs that
refer to physical objects or even abstractions that are not
themselves networked resources.
The definition of these namespaces may reduce the need to define new
URN namespaces merely for the purpose of creating stable identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-masinter-dated-uri-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-masinter-dated-uri-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.