Subject: [urn] Some short comments on RFC 2141bis

From: "Bengt Neiss" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:25:11 +0200

Hi,

Just want to give some comments on a couple of issues.

1.       I think there should be a section describing the possibility to
divide (or extend?) a namespace into sub-namespaces and what rules that
applies to a sub-namespace. (ie. delegation to sub-naming authorities).

2.        In section 2.1 there is a "note for discussion" on restricting
NIDs even further.
If restrictions still are considered for NIDs I think there should be no
restrictions for a NID that consists of a numerical value of two or more
numbers (eg. 118), or a numerical range (eg. 561111-2301).

3.       Should there be a "max length" limit for a URN (or a
recommendation?)?
As identifiers, URNs might turn up in other systems and it might be good
idea to give a recommendation on the "max length" of a URN even if there
is no limit as such.

Regards,

//Bengt

---------------------------------------------------------

Bengt Neiss

Kungl. Biblioteket / National Library of Sweden

Phone: +46 (0)10 709 35 41