Subject: [urn] draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-13 defining a URN namespace for the GSMA and sub namespace for the IMEI

From: Andrew Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 11:44:38 +0000

The following revised draft was submitted a few weeks ago.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-13.txt

the abstract is as follows:

   This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA (GSM Association)and a sub-namespace for the IMEI (International
   Mobile station Equipment Identity), and associated parameter for the
   IMEISV (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software
   Version number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the IMEISV
   is 16 decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary Encoded
   Decimal (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
   specification for Global System for Mobile communications(GSM) and
   are also now incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project
   (3GPP) as part of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal
   Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term
   Evolution).  The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile
   Equipment within these systems and are managed by the GSMA.

Review of this draft by the URN experts is requested.

This internet draft is a dependency for 3GPP work.

Thank you
Andrew Allen

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.