Subject: [urn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 23:34:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Names are Not Locators and URNs are Not URIs
        Author          : John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   Experience has shown that identifiers associated with persistent
   names are quite different from identifiers associated with the
   locations of objects.  This is especially true when such names are
   are expected to be stable for a very long time or when they identify
   large and complex entities.  In order to allow Uniform Resource Names
   (URNs) to evolve to meet the needs of the Informational Sciences
   community and other users, this specification separates the syntax
   for URNs from the generic syntax for Uniform Resource Identifiers
   (URIs) specified in RFC 3986, updating the latter specification
   accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-urns-are-not-uris-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/