Subject: [urn] Are we at an impasse?

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 20:44:27 -0500

All,

Recent discussions have intertwined multiple issues, and I need to
make some observations as co-chair regarding what may or may not be an
impasse. It is my opinion that we are not there yet.

1) Discussion of reworking the model of r,q, and f components at a
fundamental level will simply end this working group. Too much time
and energy has been spent on the current approach that if we come to a
conclusion that we made a mistake then it is inconceivable there
remains sufficient momentum to start over. I'm not making this
statement as a chair edict but rather noting the highest likely
outcome of arguing for such a fundamental change.

2) As co-chair, I am asking that the document authors address the
syntax issue as best they see fit, and that the rest of us abide by
their technical decision.

3) With regard to a universal URN processor... well, that topic
deserves its own thread. I'll send a separate message on it.

-andy