Subject: [urn] FWD: Last Call: <draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-01.txt> (Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry) to Best Current Practice

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 13:40:44 -0500

Because this is about a change in a registration policy for a
URN, I think participants in this WG might want to look at it.
Or not, but those of you who don't follow IETF-announce have at
least been warned.

   john

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Monday, November 23, 2015 06:00 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-01.txt>
(Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability
URNs Registry) to Best Current Practice

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to
consider the following document:
- 'Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability
URNs    Registry'
  <draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-01.txt> as Best Current
Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and
solicits final comments on this action. Please send substantive
comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-21.
Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In
either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to
allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The registration policy for the Network Configuration Protocol
   (NETCONF) Capability URNs registry, set up by RFC 6241, has
turned    out to be unnecessarily strict.  This document changes
that    registration policy to "IETF Review", allowing
registrations from    certain well reviewed Experimental RFCs,
in addition to Standards    Track RFCs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-up
date/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-up
date/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------