Subject: [urn] urnbis progress

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:09:53 -0400

I had hoped that with the updated drafts we'd have reviews and
discussion, and we could get to final resolution on the documents.
There's been some of that (thanks to those who did), but not enough.
We need more.

The authors will be posting another revision soon, and I'd like to see
some strong review of them with an eye toward convergence on updated
specs that we need, and with issues resolved in a way we can live
with, even if it wouldn't be the first choice for any particular one
of us.  Specific text suggestions, please, whenever you can.

As I said before, we need to leave behind some long-debated issues --
a big one of those is resolution of URNs.  That may be important to
some, but it really is a separate effort, with one or more separate
documents, and needs to stay out of scope for this current work.

Without putting specific dates on specific things, I'll say that I'd
really like to see all this resolved and the documents sent to the
IESG within the next couple of months.  Can we all do our best to make
that happen before, say, the Berlin meeting?

Barry