Subject: Re: [urn] urn-registration-template-jaif-v2.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 21:02:09 -0600

On 12/10/17 11:51 PM, Jörg Walther wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi Jörg,

Thanks for your patience. I just realized that no one from the review
team has commented on your document (which you sent to the list just as
I was starting a new job).

> please find attached the request to register the urn:jaif for the Joint Automotive Industry Forum.

Your updated registration request looks good to me, and addresses the
feedback I provided last June.

> I kindly ask for conducting the registration process.

I will ping the other members of the review team to see if they have any
comments.

Peter

---

From: "Svensson, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:23:30 +0000

Hello Jörg,

> I will ping the other members of the review team to see if they have any

No technical comments from me, the registration seems OK. 

One editorial nit:

"There are no known interopreability issues" should probably be " There are no known interoperability issues".

Best,

Lars

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 22:07:00 -0400

I lost track of this submission as well.

It's quite well-done and straightforward.  My only comments are a couple
of very minor editorial things.

>    The urn is not expected to become part of an IETF standard.

I think you want to change "urn" to "URN namespace" here.

> Syntax:
>    
>    The Namespace Specific String (NSS) of all URNs assigned by the 
>    JAIF will have the following hierarchical structure: 

There are a couple of place where you say "the JAIF", whereas most are
simply "JAIF".  You probably want to make these consistent.

Dale