Subject: [urn] FWD: Last Call: <draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00.txt> (Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform Resource Names) to Informational RFC

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 22:38:18 -0400

Hi.
Since this document started out as a WG work item (as
draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn) before the WG decided
that, with the direction RFC 8141 (2141bis) was taking, the WG
did not need to process it, I'm forwarding the Last Call
announcement in case anyone wants to read the current version
and comment who doesn't see the IETF announcement list.
Comments to the IETF list or as noted below; comments posted to
this list might easily be missed and ignored.

    john

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Monday, April 23, 2018 14:39 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: <draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00.txt>
(Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform Resource Names)
to Informational RFC

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to
consider the following document: - 'Using National Bibliography
Numbers as Uniform Resource Names'
  <draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and
solicits final comments on this action. Please send substantive
comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-05-21.
Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In
either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to
allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   National Bibliography Numbers, NBNs, are used by the national
   libraries and other organizations in order to identify
resources in    their collections.  Generally, NBNs are applied
to resources that are    not catered for by established
(standard) identifier systems such as    ISBN.

   A URN (Uniform Resource Names) namespace for NBNs was
established in    2001 in RFC 3188.  Since then, several
European national libraries    have implemented URN:NBN-based
systems.

   This document replaces RFC 3188 and defines how NBNs can be
supported    within the updated URN framework.  A revised
namespace registration    (version 4) compliant to RFC 8141 is
included.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis
/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------