Subject: [urn] Namespace application: reso

From: Sam DeBord <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 11:39:18 -0700

Hello,

Please see the template attached for a reso namespace. Please advise us of
next steps.
Thank you.

*Sam DeBord*
CEO | Real Estate Standards Organization
[email-masked] | 206.658.3225

--

Namespace Identifier:

   reso

Version:

   0.1

Date:

   2019-10-21

Registrant:

   <RESO Contact Information here...>

Purpose:

The Namespace Identifier (NID) "reso" for Uniform Resource Names
(URNs) will be used to identify resources published by RESO.
These might include published standards or protocols that RESO
defines and that make use of URNs.  These namespaces are globally
unique.  The URN namespace will be used in public networks by
clients to configure and manage resources in the network.  Servers
will enforce the uniqueness of the namespaces by using the
namespace and the XPath associated with the managed node in the
network when accessing a resource.

Syntax:

   The syntax of Namespace Specific Strings for the "reso" namespace
   is <NSS> in Uniform Resource Names (URNs) [RFC8141].

The entire URN is case-insensitive.

Assignment:

   RESO will maintain the list of registered resources that use the
   "reso" NID in the "RESO URN Namespace" standards at
   <https://www.reso.org/>.

   The RESO workgroups describe the <NSS>, how namespaces will be
allocated, and how experimental namespaces can
   be used within the allocated URN.

   RESO will manage resource classes using the "reso" NID and will be
   the authority for managing resources and associated subsequent
   strings.  RESO will guarantee the uniqueness of the strings by
   validating them against the existing content of the standards.
   RESO may also permit secondary responsibility for certain defined
   resources.  Once a subtree assignment is made, it cannot be
   deleted or reassigned.

   RESO may allow use of experimental type values in specific
   subtrees for testing purposes only.  Note that using experimental
   types may create collision as multiple users may use the same
   values for different resources and specific strings.  All
   experimentation must follow the guidance set forth in "A Uniform
   Resource Name (URN) Namespace for Examples" [RFC6963].

Security and Privacy:

   There are no additional security considerations other than those
   normally associated with the use and resolution of URNs in general.

Interoperability:

   There are no known interoperability issues at this time.

Resolution:

   It is not foreseen that URNs within this namespace will undergo
   resolution.

Documentation:

   Documentation can be found at
   <https://www.reso.org>

---

From: Sam DeBord <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 11:49:21 -0700

Thank you, Martin. We will include an expansion of RESO to Real Estate
Standards Organization. Are there other areas of feedback from the group
before we re-submit?

*Sam DeBord*

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 6:38 PM Martin J. Dürst <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello Sam,
>
> Just some quick comment: The template should contain at least one
> expansion of "RESO". If it weren't for your signature, I wouldn't have
> had a clue that it's standing for "Real Estate Standards Organization".
> Also, it looks like this organization is limited to the US (which is
> okay), maybe there should be a word or two mentioning that.
>
> Regards,   Martin.
>
>
> On 2019/10/22 03:39, Sam DeBord wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > urn mailing list
> > [email-masked]
> > https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn
> >
>