Subject: Commit in docs/usefor (usepro.xml)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:03:52 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008 @ 16:03:51
  Author: eagle
Revision: 5066

Further wording fixes based on Charles's comments.

Modified:
  docs/usefor/usepro.xml

Modified: docs/usefor/usepro.xml
===================================================================
--- docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2008-09-24 06:17:23 UTC (rev 5065)
+++ docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2008-09-25 23:03:51 UTC (rev 5066)
@@ -521,9 +521,9 @@
             with a date farther in the past than that cutoff interval.  If
             this interval is shorter than the time it takes for an article
             to propagate through the network, the agent might reject an
-            article it had not yet seen, so it ought not be aggressively
-            short.  For Usenet, for example, a cutoff interval of no less
-            than seven days is conventional.</t>
+            article it had not yet seen, so it ought not to be
+            aggressively short.  For Usenet, for example, a cutoff
+            interval of no less than seven days is conventional.</t>
 
             <t>Agents that enforce such a cutoff MAY then drop records of
             articles that had dates older than the cutoff from their
@@ -645,7 +645,7 @@
           <t>In some cases, offering the same proto-article to all
           injecting agents may not be possible (such as when gatewaying,
           after injection, articles found on one Netnews network to
-          another, supposedly unconnected one).  In this case, the posting
+          another supposedly-unconnected one).  In this case, the posting
           agent MUST remove any Xref header field and rename or remove any
           Injection-Info, Path, and other trace header field before
           passing it to another injecting agent.  (This converts the
@@ -1985,10 +1985,10 @@
       <section anchor="supersedes" title="The Supersedes Header Field">
         <t>The presence of a Supersedes header field in an article
         requests that the message identifier given in that header field be
-        withdrawn in exactly the same manner as if it were the target of a
-        cancel control message.  Accordingly, news servers SHOULD use the
-        same authentication and authorization checks for deciding whether
-        to honor a Supersedes header field as they use for cancel control
+        withdrawn in exactly the same manner as if it were the target
+        of a cancel control message.  Accordingly, news servers SHOULD
+        apply to a Supersedes header field the same authentication and
+        authorization checks as they would apply to cancel control
         messages.  If the Supersedes header field is honored, the news
         server SHOULD take the same actions as it would take when honoring
         a cancel control message for the given target article.</t>

---

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:04:13 +0200

> +            interval of no less than seven days is conventional.</t>

Is it the convention for almost all news servers?
Note that INN has a 10-day cutoff date.

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« Desinit in piscem mulier formosa superne. » (Horace)