Subject: Commit in docs/usefor (usepro.xml)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Sunday, September 21, 2008 @ 17:18:17
  Author: eagle
Revision: 5041

Fix a conflict between the wording of the application/news-checkgroups
message and the checkgroups control message around <chkscope>.  Clarify
that a checkgroups can be limited by external information, and that
limits the requirement for it to be complete to a SHOULD.

Modified:
  docs/usefor/usepro.xml

Modified: docs/usefor/usepro.xml
===================================================================
--- docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2008-09-22 00:13:33 UTC (rev 5040)
+++ docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2008-09-22 00:18:17 UTC (rev 5041)
@@ -1663,9 +1663,11 @@
 
         <t>One application/news-checkgroups message may contain
         information for one or more hierarchies and is considered complete
-        for any hierarchy for which it contains a &lt;valid-group>.  In
-        other words, an application/news-checkgroups body part consisting
-        of:</t>
+        for any hierarchy for which it contains a &lt;valid-group> unless
+        accompanied by external information limiting its scope (such as a
+        &lt;chkscope> parameter to a checkgroups control message as
+        described in <xref target="checkgroups" />).  In other words, an
+        application/news-checkgroups body part consisting of:</t>
 
         <figure>
           <artwork>
@@ -1679,7 +1681,8 @@
         This media type therefore MUST NOT be used for conveying partial
         information about a hierarchy; if a group from a given hierarchy
         is present, all groups that exist in that hierarchy MUST be
-        listed.</t>
+        listed unless its scope is limited by external information, in
+        which case all groups SHOULD be listed.</t>
       </section>
     </section>