Subject: Expected <path-identity> wording

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:18:44 -0700

This was in my long reply, so pulling it out separately since I want
opinions on it.  Does this change look okay to everyone for the section on
Path headers?

--- usepro.xml  (revision 5041)
+++ usepro.xml  (working copy)
@@ -405,7 +405,13 @@
                   followed by the FQDN, IP address, or expected
                   &lt;path-identity> of the source.</t>
                 </list>
-              Be aware that <xref target="RFC1036" /> did not include
+              The "expected &lt;path-identity> of the source of the
+              article" is a &lt;path-identity> for the injecting or
+              relaying agent that passed the article to this relaying or
+              serving agent, determined by properties of connection via
+              which the article was received (for example, an
+              authentication identity or a peer IP address).  Be aware
+              that <xref target="RFC1036" /> did not include
               &lt;path-diagnostic>.  Implementations which predate this
               specification will add only single "!" characters between
               &lt;path-identity> strings.</t>

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>