Subject: Ed Krol's comments...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 13:50:55 -0800

Ed,

Good suggestion.  Back at the Montreal IETF we did try out a liase
situation where Pat Smith volunteered to track the Transport Area's WGs
(with the full support of then Transport AD, Allison Mankin) to see
what "engineering" endeavors her area was working and how we (USV)
could work with them.  This could be in the form of "user" input to
their protocol development work, or what we could work on together.
Unfortunately, this liase was cut short as Pat couldn't attend IETFs
anymore, and Allison Mankin did not get reappointed to the IESG.

As you know, there are areas that USV parallel (Security, Operations
and Management, and especially Applications).  We had much success in
the past in working together with them to get documentation out.  This
needs to be pushed further.  As the faces change on the IESG, there
needs to be a reaffirmation on the history that went on with regards to
areas interacting with each other within the IETF in general.  Yet,
especially in regards to User Services.

What else have you dug up from your notes in discussions with the
NomCom?

Thanks for the input, Joyce