Subject: ok, let's work

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:03:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have been meaning to write up a nice comprehensive overview of last
week's IETF meetings and the thoughts people shared for future focus, etc.
etc. etc.  But I haven't had time.  Let's not let that stand in the way of
getting stuff done. :-)

We have a volunteer to take on the FYI 4 (FAQ for new users) work:  Ray
Plzak ([email-masked]).  (Yay!)

I know there are some other people interested in that to some extent as
well and, of course, Jodi and Sepi have done a lot of work on it.  If
you'd like to join an editing team, pls let me and Ray know.  Ray will
coordinate and all.  I would like to get an outline to review and then
proceed from there as Ray prefers.

For those of you who missed the last meeting but remember earlier
discussions, my sudden support for a new FYI 4 may seem somewhat like an
about face.  I was previously kind of lukewarm about updating that doc as
I thought there were other resources that could cover the same ground
possibly in better depth and not depend on volunteer work.  However, I
realized lately that I get a lot of requests from people to reprint that
doc or use parts of it.  It is basically quite popular and obviously fills
a need for organizations that want to develop something, but not start
totally from scratch (which was its original intent as it happens).  Since
it is still requested, I think we should give people something a bit more
up to date, with more of a "user" slant.  A lot has changed since the last
update of that doc.  So, that is the background for this message.

I will try to send out more of an overview as soon as I can.

thanks!  and thanks again to Ray...
April