Subject: TF-ETINU Pilot Project contact signed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 07:52:43 -0800

----- Begin Included Message -----

Date:         Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:21:43 +0100
From: Paul Rendek <[email-masked]>
Subject: NEWS from TERENA #2 - TF-ETINU Pilot Project contact signed
Comments: To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

NEWS FROM TERENA (98-02)

'TF-ETINU Pilot Project: Evaluation and Recommendation of User
Support Toolkits contract signed'

AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands (5 January 1998)

TERENA today announced the signing of a contract with UNITE
Discovery, headed by Mr. George Munroe, to execute the pilot
project 'Evaluation and Recommendation of User Support Toolkits'
(ERUST), under the guidance of the TERENA task force ETINU.
This is among the first of a series of small 'pilot projects'
planned under the TERENA Technical Programme. The project was
accepted for pilot project funding at the TERENA Technical
Committee in October'97.

The project aims to provide the network user community with
guidelines and recommendations on providing effective online
support to network users. In order to identify core components
of online support systems, a questionnaire has been circulated,
of which the first results will be presented at the upcoming TERENA
task force (TF-ETINU) meeting on 27 January 1998, in Amsterdam,
The Netherlands.

For further information about the 'Evaluation and Recommendation
of User Support Toolkits' project, please consult the TERENA
task force Web pages at: http://www.terena.nl/task-forces/tf-etinu/

ends -

For further press information, please contact:

TERENA Secretariat
Singel 466-468
NL 1017 AW Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 639 1131
Fax: +31 20 639 3289
email:[email-masked]

----- End Included Message -----