Subject: 'TERENA Guide to Network Resource Tools' Publication

From: Paul Rendek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 16:31:25 +0100 (MET)

The 'TERENA Guide to Network Resource Tools'

AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands (25 November 1997)

TERENA announced today, the publication of the 'TERENA Guide to
Network Resource Tools" (GNRT). Written by Margaret Isaacs of MagNet
Internet Training and Consultancy, the GNRT has been completely revised
to provide a valuable reference to end users and support staff using the
Internet today.

The 'TERENA Guide to Network Resource Tools' publication supersedes the
popular GNRT originally published by EARN in 1993. In the intervening
period, the TERENA TOOLDOC Task Force has monitored requirements
and developments in information services and network user support. The
production of the revised GNRT was necessary as network resources and
tools have advanced dramatically. As a result, the GNRT now provides
vast and comprehensive coverage of prevalent resources, tools, and
application software available on the Internet ranging from exploring
and searching the networks, real-time and group communication, information
providing, and security.

The 'TERENA Guide to Network Resource Tools' can be downloaded for
personal or public use on PCs running Windows or NT, Apple Macintosh,
and Unix machines.The GNRT is currently available on the TERENA Web site at:

http://www.terena.nl/libr/gnrt/

As of January 1998, the GNRT will be available as a printed publication
by Addison and Wesley, a leading academic publisher. In addition, a
separate version will be submitted as an informational RFC in the
Internet Engineering Task Force's FYI series.

ends -

For further press information, please contact:

TERENA Secretariat
Singel 466-468
NL 1017 AW Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 639 1131
Fax: +31 20 639 3289
email: [email-masked]