Subject: RES: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-fyi7-00.txt

From: "Rosa, Lincoln" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:07:46 -0600

Comments about the FYI

3.1. How does email work?

	- This item is too superficial. Its suppose to explain better what
is SMTP. If it is for advanced users, they sure already knows the basic
concepts of an e-mail. What about a explanation for "How the e-mail client
talks to e-mail server", a step-by-step high level guide? And then explain
the talk between SMTP servers. I think the advanced users wants to know how
the e-mail goes to the another person, how he/she can be reached, how the
attachments goes...

3.2. What is a Mailing List?

	- The same as on 3.1 item. I think we need to explain better for the
public what is the difference between mail-lists and "spams".

And what about put the names of the RFC for each discussed item to address
people who want a deep explanation?

...

May I am transforming too much the FYI... please let me know, guys.

Lincoln Rosa

---

From: Walt Houser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:40:59 -0500

I have no problem with these changes.  Gary?  Ray?  If we agree, who has 
the action?  

-- 
Walt Houser <[email-masked]>, Webmaster http:/www.va.gov/
VA OI&T Program Coordination Service (045APC)
VA Privacy Notice for Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms <http://www.va.gov/privacy/email.asp>