Subject: While unlikely to lead to radical life extension, increasing longevity by improving metabolism is plausible for the near future of medical science.

From: "Cleveland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 01:38:22 +0100

GPSI Announces Market Attack Into $1 Trillion Market!

Global Payment Solutions
Symbol: GPSI
Price: $0.03

GPSI announced its plans to address the huge influx of immigrant workers
into the US that need banking solutions that they otherwise would not
qualify for. This market is expected to represent over $1 Trillion
dollars to be managed by 2008. GPSI provides viable solutions to this
market. This is hot, read the news and watch for more Monday! Get on
GPSI first thing Monday!

Click here to participate in improving your future health and longevity!
php"Biogerontologists apparently need an incentive to consider SENS. You
can find the details in the following Fight Aging! You can spend as much
time and money as you like trying to keep up with ever-changing science,
but will you ever really know if you are succeeding? Most medical
research nowadays is devoted to cancer, cardiovascular diseases and
diabetes. To my mind, research would be moving much more rapidly in a
world without governments able to interfere in every aspect of life -
sadly, we do not live in that world.
It may be a fact or just plain science fiction. Despite the positive
activity in many places, researchers like Gearhart and Weissman admit
that it's only the best of a bad situation.
From the Tallahassee Democrat, in an otherwise unsympathetic article:
"Suspended Animation expects to open in August.
htmIt's been a while since we've heard anything from cryonics company
Suspended Animation.
So far we have managed to produce several millions of new cells from the
original stem cells. a bill that supports these alternatives instead of
an expanded federal policy is 'a vote to delay biomedical research.
" Scientists have demonstrated that they "can manipulate the stem cell
environment to improve the function of its residents. Despite the
positive activity in many places, researchers like Gearhart and Weissman
admit that it's only the best of a bad situation.
Even the gold standard of present day healthy life extension life
styles, calorie restriction, has question marks when it comes to
extending life span in humans.
He notes that "Prolla thinks an obvious next step would be to
genetically engineer mice to have a lower rate of accumulation of
mitochondrial DNA mutation.
Each of the three molecules protects the protein called 'tau,' which
becomes hopelessly tangled in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's.
Heaven forbid that actual changes might occur in government programs, or
that people will be alive and in good health to do the things they like.
It is an added bonus that this research will greatly benefit attempts to
halt or reverse the aging process. Most medical research nowadays is
devoted to cancer, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. All pointing
the way to longer, healthier lives. To prevent accelerated aging in an
organism, you need to have both proper telomere maintenance and those
other genetic pathways intact. Alcor is negotiating with Suspended
Animation to receive bodies.
It is an added bonus that this research will greatly benefit attempts to
halt or reverse the aging process. The healthy life extension community
is approaching this point; it is becoming large enough and successful
enough to focus media and public attention on high-profile
representatives. aspThe results of more speculative stem cell studies
are starting to show up these days - one sign of increasing funding. You
can spend as much time and money as you like trying to keep up with
ever-changing science, but will you ever really know if you are
succeeding? htmlRandall Parker offers his thoughts on recent research
into mitochondria and aging over at FuturePundit. " Scientists have
demonstrated that they "can manipulate the stem cell environment to
improve the function of its residents. These experiments favor a major
role for programmed cell death in aging. A lot of you is not as old as
you might think.
But bio-gerontologists believe that if one could prevent aging itself,
people wouldn't fall ill in the first place - or at least not until much
later in life. phpWhile scientists use the tools of modern biotechnology
to uncover the mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease, another path forward
lies in low-cost mass analysis of potential drugs.
'" Embryonic stem cell research is a necessary, important part of modern
medical science - and freedom of research is vital.
The South Florida lab will primarily act as a processing facility to
freeze dead bodies, Platt said.