Subject: [Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-email-deep-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 16:01:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications of the IETF.

        Title           : Deployable Enhanced Email Privacy (DEEP)
        Authors         : Keith Moore
                          Chris Newman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-email-deep-04.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2016-03-17

Abstract:
   This specification defines a set of requirements and facilities
   designed to improve email confidentiality between a mail user agent
   (MUA) and a mail submission or mail access server.  This provides
   mechanisms intended to increase use of already deployed Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) technology, provide a model for mail user
   agent's confidentiality assurance, and enable mail service providers
   to advertise improved TLS confidentiality facilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-deep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-email-deep-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-email-deep-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Viktor Dukhovni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:34:16 +0000

>    to advertise improved TLS confidentiality facilities.

Quite note, DANE references should probably now also include RFC7671
which updates RFC6698.  In particular the meaning of "3 X X" DANE-EE
records are changed in 7671, digest algorithm agility is specified,
...

-- 
	Viktor.