Subject: [Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 09:36:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications of the IETF.

        Title           : SMTP TLS Reporting
        Authors         : Daniel Margolis
                          Alexander Brotman
                          Binu Ramakrishnan
                          Janet Jones
                          Mark Risher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-12-15

Abstract:
   A number of protocols exist for establishing encrypted channels
   between SMTP Mail Transfer Agents, including STARTTLS [RFC3207], DANE
   [RFC6698], and SMTP MTA STS (TODO: Add ref).  These protocols can
   fail due to misconfiguration or active attack, leading to undelivered
   messages or delivery over unencrypted or unauthenticated channels.
   This document describes a reporting mechanism and format by which
   sending systems can share statistics and specific information about
   potential failures with recipient domains.  Recipient domains can
   then use this information to both detect potential attackers and
   diagnose unintentional misconfigurations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/