Subject: [Uta] Require-tls-08

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 10:59:02 -0700

About 3 weeks ago, I submitted a revision of the require-tls draft to
address comments from IESG review. If anyone in the WG has further
comment (or disagrees with any of the changes), please post something to
the list. This is close to being completed, and I'd like to finish it.

-Jim

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Uta] I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-08.txt
Date: 	Mon, 22 Apr 2019 15:00:01 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications WG of the IETF.

Title : SMTP Require TLS Option
Author : Jim Fenton
Filename : draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-08.txt
Pages : 20
Date : 2019-04-22

Abstract:
The SMTP STARTTLS option, used in negotiating transport-level
encryption of SMTP connections, is not as useful from a security
standpoint as it might be because of its opportunistic nature;
message delivery is, by default, prioritized over security. This
document describes an SMTP service extension, REQUIRETLS, and message
header field, TLS-Required. If the REQUIRETLS option or TLS-Required
message header field is used when sending a message, it asserts a
request on the part of the message sender to override the default
negotiation of TLS, either by requiring that TLS be negotiated when
the message is relayed, or by requesting that recipient-side policy
mechanisms such as MTA-STS and DANE be ignored when relaying a
message for which security is unimportant.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-smtp-require-tls-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Uta mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/uta