Subject: IPv6, broadband access, VPN

From: "Chen, Weijing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:42:26 -0600

All,

We have been studying the benefits that IPv6 could bring to a large carrier
like SBC, in addition to large IP address, plug-play host connection.  You
might be interested in an Internet-Draft that we recently submitted as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allen-lap-ipv6-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allen-lap-ipv6-00.txt> .  In it,
we make a case for why companies like ours should be turning towards IPv6,
and also suggest some new capabilities for IPv6, such as broadband Internet
access, L3VPN, L2VPN.  Although we have focused on IPv6 service in this
draft, we would welcome the expansion of it to the same IPv4 service
offering through IPv6 core network.

We would like to hear comments and interests from all the parities.

Regards,

--

Weijing Chen

SBC Technology Resources

9505 Arboretum Blvd.

Austin, TX 78759

512 372 5710

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]