Subject: Jim Fla^Heming's IPv8/IPv16 stupidities (Was: RE: 6to4 deployement issues - was 6to4 security questions)

From: "Jeroen Massar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:32:08 +0100

Jim Fleming [mailto:[email-masked]] wrote:

> 128-bit DNS AAAA Record Flag Day Formats
> 2002:[IPv4]:[SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT]:[64-bit IPv8 or IPv16 
> Persistent Address]
> [YMDD]:[IPv4]:[SDLL.OFFF.FFFF.TTTT]:[64-bit IPv8 or IPv16 

Dear Mister Jim Fleming,

You might read up on your IPv8 ideas and check:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/version-numbers
there you  will notice the following piece:

8<------------
Assigned Internet Version Numbers

Decimal   Keyword    Version                            References
-------   -------    -------                            ----------
    0                Reserved                                [JBP]
  1-3                Unassigned                              [JBP]
    4       IP       Internet Protocol                [RFC791,JBP]
    5       ST       ST Datagram Mode                [RFC1190,JWF]
    6       IPv6     Internet Protocol version 6         [RFC1752]
    7       TP/IX    TP/IX: The Next Internet                [RXU]
    8       PIP      The P Internet Protocol                 [PXF]
    9       TUBA     TUBA                                    [RXC]
10-14                Unassigned                              [JBP]
   15                Reserved                                [JBP]
------------>8

IPv8 == PIP (The P internet Protocol), check for instance:
http://ntrg.cs.tcd.ie/undergrad/4ba2/ipng/ian.pip.html

Quote: "PIP has provider rooted variable length hierarchical
addressing. IP has static 32 bit addresses."

Thus you are absolutely missing the point with your 64 bits and 128
bits.

As for your imaginary IPv16, it won't even fit in the version field.
Nor are there any documents to be found about it.

Now go make up your own namingscheme, create the documents for the
protocols you invented and then submit those to the IETF, which
will review them and maybe then you will be taken serious and
not taken for the spammer which you currently are.

Greets,
 Jeroen