Subject: Minor Charter Updates

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:17:26 -0500

FYI --

We have a new charter available at:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/v6ops-charter.html

The new charter includes the changes that we discussed at the
interim meeting, including:

	- Switching items (6) and (7)
	- Removing the use of the undefined term "deployment
		issues"
	- Changing the name of the deployment solutions documents
		to deployment analysis documents.

Some of our milestones were also updated, based on current
status.

Margaret

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:49:49 -0800

> The v6ops working group will

it is time for the present tense throughout

> 2. Provide feedback to the IPv6 WG regarding portions of the IPv6
>    specifications that cause, or are likely to cause, operational
>    or security concerns, and work with the IPv6 WG to resolve
>    those concerns. This feedback will be published in
>    Internet-Drafts or RFCs.

s/will/may/

> 5.

should be specific that the developed scenarios will drive the
selection of tools and protocol changes.  i.e. make explicit the
move from "this might be useful" to "it must be useful."

> NOV 02 Publish Unmanaged Network Deployment Scenarios as a WG I-D
> NOV 02 Publish ISP Deployment Scenarios as a WG I-D 
> NOV 02 Publish Survey of IPv4 Addresses in IETF Standards as WG
>        I-D  
> NOV 02 Publish Cellular Deployment Solutions as a WG I-D

should natalia syracuse (a personal heroine of mine, especially in
this season) hold her breath?

randy