Subject: Re: REVIEW NEEDED: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-00.txt

From: "Zhenyu Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:30:53 +0800

>Right.  This was one of the main idea of using 6to4 while testing it among 
>several enterprise campuses and using a 2002 followed by global IPv4 
>address (forming a fake global IPv6 address).  So, if the the enterprise 
>did not get a a chance to get a real IPv6 address, they can just use 6to4 
>tunneling address and test things out among several sites and also connect 
>to IPv6 Internet by using a 6to4 Relay.

What conditions do you think the enterprise did not get a chance to get a real
IPv6 address? As there are so large amount of IPv6 addresses, enterprises can
easily get a real IPv6 addresses, can't they?

---

From: Salman Asadullah <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:53:36 -0700

>easily get a real IPv6 addresses, can't they?

They can ...

I'm not aware of any real problems of getting a IPv6 address.

One day the person in charge decide that they want to start testing IPv6 
and using 2002: they can pretty much get started right away :-)

Regards,
Salman

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:23:19 +0200

> I'm not aware of any real problems of getting a IPv6 address.

I assure you that it depends entirely on your ISP.

     Brian