Subject: WG last call on tunneling scenarios

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:51:23 +0300 (EEST)

(co-chair hats on)

Hello,

In the interest of moving forward from the tunneling requirements, we 
have discussed the situation with ADs, and will be proposing some 
actions.

One of these is getting a reasonable consensus on the requirements for 
zero-config and registered assisted tunneling.  In order to be able to 
discuss whether existing solutions fit the requirements, how they need 
to be modified, or which kind of new solutions should be specified, 
we'll have to get the requirements to a closure.

But finishing the requirements will have to happen fast: in the event that 
there are issues for which there is no consensus, it'll be better to just 
document both sides of the argument fairly, and move on and evaluate the 
tradeoffs when selecting or specifying the solution(s).

In order to achive this, we propose adopting the following as WG items:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00.txt
http://www.v6ops.euro6ix.net/ietf/draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-01.txt

Please speak up if you object to this.

In addition, we are issuing WG last call (for Informational) for:

draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00.txt
draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-01.txt
draft-ietf-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirements-01.txt

Please send the comments on the list, but specify clearly which document you're 
commenting on.  Now is the last chance to speak up!

The WG last call expires on Monday, 8th November (the IETF week).

Pekka & Jonne
co-chairs

---

From: David Kessens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:05:06 -0700

Pekka, Jonne,

> tradeoffs when selecting or specifying the solution(s).

While we appreciate your speed, and we don't have objections to
adopting these documents, we think that it would be better to give
people a couple of days to comment whether they agree that these
documents should be adopted as working group documents and only issue
a last call after that has been done.

David Kessens & Bert Wijnen
---

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:36:17 +0300 (EEST)

> a last call after that has been done.

Fair enough.  Please send the objections (if any) on document adoption 
by the end of Tuesday 2nd November at the latest.

Comments/review on the drafts themselves are still welcome!

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings