Subject: Re: draft-asadullah-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-02.txt

From: "da Silva, Ron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:29:16 -0500

Perhaps a scenario not captured in this draft (unless I missed it) that
would be good to capture in the cable BB section is IPv6 enabled on the
CM, CMTS, ER for management purposes.  Portions of the cable
infrastructure have traditionally used RFC1918 IPv4 addresses; however,
there are a finite number of those.  Thus, IPv6 could have utility in
the cable space implemented on the control plane initially rather than
focused on the data plane for end user services.  Nice draft!

-ron

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 01:18:57 -0800

> focused on the data plane for end user services.  Nice draft!

This idea was circulated a few years back when a big cable ISP
of the time was running out of v4 addresses in net 10 for its
internal control plane... Not sure what happened to it.

	- Alain.

---

From: Adeel Ahmed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:24:28 -0600

Hi Ron,

Thanks for reviewing the draft and providing feedback. We will incorporate 
your suggestions in the next version of this draft.

Kind Regards,
Adeel Ahmed.