Subject: (RFC2766) NATPT-BIS

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:46:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hello v6ops folks.

Senthil, Pyda, Tony and myself did a new bis-work and below
NATPT-bis was proposed. 
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-natpt-bis-00.txt 

Major changes are as follows;

o Removed all ALG stuff (DNS-ALG, FTP-ALG) and added a new section as
"Support for application level transparency" to be considered a
protocol carrying the IP address and port in its payload for the data
session require ALG.

o Added "Static address mapping within NAT-PT" section to support bi-
directional NAT-PT operation.

o Added a section on use case scenarios to help readers understood
the rationale behind NAT-PT deployments.

o Specified and reorganized translation phase within NAT-PT.

All comments are highly welcome.

Thanks.   
 
Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory. SAMSUNG Electronics