Subject: New draft available: Best Current Practice for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:15:46 +0100

Hi.

Best Current Practice for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls
draft-davies-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-00.txt

We sent this draft to the I-D editor just before the deadline today and 
hopefully it will be available from the server in due course, but in the 
meantime it can be downloaded from either:

http://www.kurtis.se/draft-davies-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-00.txt
or
http://skye.ki.iif.hu/~mohacsi/draft-davies-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-00.txt

This draft is a (considerable) expansion of a section that was 
previously in the Security Overview draft relating to exactly how you 
should filter the large number of ICMPv6 messsages in a site firewall. 
It is referenced in the latest version of the security overview.

It also builds on some work that Janos has done in the EU 6net project 
and other views of how ICMPv6 should be treated in firewalls.

I hope to be able to discuss it at the Paris meeting.

Regards,
Elwyn

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:09:52 -0700

Please review this for discussion in Paris. It is in part an extract  
from draft-ietf-v6ops-security-overview-00.txt, with some augmentation,  
and is referred to by draft-ietf-v6ops-security-overview-01.txt.

> From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
> Date: July 11, 2005 8:15:46 AM PDT
> To: "[email-masked] '" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Mohacsi Janos <[email-masked]>
> Subject: New draft available: Best Current Practice for Filtering  
> ICMPv6 Messages in Firewalls
>
> Hi.
>
> We sent this draft to the I-D editor just before the deadline today  
> and hopefully it will be available from the server in due course, but  
> in the meantime it can be downloaded from either:
>