Subject: v6ops Agenda

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:04:47 -0600

So this is my agenda for Thursday. We have two hours, which with six  
items on the agenda means that each discussion should be limited to  
about 15-20 minutes.

When I say "determine trajectory", I mean the answer to two basic  
questions:
	* is the working group interested in picking this up
	* if it is, where is it in that process. Are we ready for WGLC on  
the list, or are there
	  comments that have to be addressed before?

1) IPv6 in CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0
        Alain Durand
        Objective: Discussion of IPv6 in Docsis 3.0 & Cable network
	(Document not posted due to glitch between IETF and Cable Labs  
schedules; to be
          posted after IETF meeting)

2) discussion of "Best Current Practice for Filtering ICMPv6 Messages  
in Firewalls", Elwyn Davies, Janos Mohacsi, 9-Mar-06, <draft-ietf- 
v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-bcp-01.txt>
         Elwyn Davie
         Objective: initiate WGLC as either BCP or Informational
	This will depend on people having read this version of the document

3) Discussion of "IPv6 Routing Policies Guidelines", Marc Blanchet, 7- 
Mar-06, <draft-blanchet-v6ops-routing-guidelines-01.txt>
         Marc Blanchet
         Objective: determine trajectory of this work

4) Discussion of point-to-point issue in the following two drafts:
         Tim Chown with comments from Jordi Palet
         Objective: determine trajectory of the combined work
   "IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations", Gunter Van de  
Velde,
   13-Feb-06, <draft-vandevelde-v6ops-addcon-00.txt>

   "Guidelines for Numbering IPv6 Point-to-Point Links and Easing the  
Addressing
   Plans", Jordi Palet, 1-Mar-06, <draft-palet-v6ops-point2point-00.txt>

5) Discussion of "ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in Wireless Broadband  
Access Networks", Myung-Ki Shin, Youn-Hee Han, 2-Mar-06, <draft-shin- 
v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-00.txt>
         Myung-Ki Shu
         Objective: determine trajectory of document

6) Working group discussion of trajectory of the following two  
documents. they should be done if the prior WGLC comments have been  
addressed. I'm looking for a show of hands that people have read the  
latest update and consider them done.
   "IPv6 Enterprise Network Analysis", Jim Bound, 15-Feb-06,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-04.txt>

   "Using IPsec to Secure IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnels", Pekka Savola, 8-Mar-06,
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-02.txt>

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:36:35 +0000

>   Plans", Jordi Palet, 1-Mar-06, <draft-palet-v6ops-point2point-00.txt>

Just to clarify here.  Gunter can't make v6ops, but I'll present in
his absence.  We'd like to get feedback on the draft as a whole (there
have been some good comments to the list already, for which we're
grateful).  The point-to-point issue is more on what the WG thinks of 
Jordi's proposal, and then whether that should be incorporated into
the point-to-point section of addcon, if addcon is taken forward.
There have also been some list comments on Jordi's draft, which people
should review.

-- 
Tim/::1

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:56:07 +0100

Since you don't have a status of documents item,
can you let us know where draft-ietf-v6ops-nap-02.txt
is? It is some months since WGLC and resolution of
the comments received.

     Brian (a co-author)

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:06:44 -0600

It is in the IESG queue. It and the -bb- draft were mailed in last  
week. Sorry for the delay.