Subject: comment on draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt ... 3.3.1.2 ...

From: "John Spence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:22:00 -0400

Small thing.  In 3.3.1.2 the text, third paragraph, calls this range of
addresses "Subnet Router Anycast", when I believe they are simply called
"Subnet Anycast" addresses - the "Subnet Router Anycast" address is a
single anycast address where all 64 host bits are set to zero.  The
Subnet Router Anycast addresses is a range, where the 7 low bits are
mostly reserved, but identify "which" Subnet Anycast" specifically.
Documented here (ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2526.txt).

John Spence, Command Information

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: "Gunter Van de Velde \(gvandeve\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:44:26 +0200

Hi John,
 
Good catch. It was a left-over of some correctione between some of the
earlier releases where some correction were done in this section.
 
I have made this correction for the addcon-02 draft.
 
Many thanks,
G/

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of John Spence
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 8:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: comment on draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt ... 3.3.1.2 ...