Subject: Monday morning

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:32:07 -0700

We are on for 9:00 AM Monday morning. I expect all to attend, and to  
not have been drinking very heavily the night before.

Note that for this agenda, I am proposing two documents that have not  
been sent to the internet-drafts directory. In this, I am violating  
my own rule and a general IETF understanding, which I'm not happy  
about. I am doing this is because I think the discussion warrants it,  
and because one of them promises (cross her heart) to send it in  
following the IETF, and to post the document at her web site for  
review..

proposed agenda for the v6ops working group

Continuing work:
up to (preferably less than) 15 minutes each for the following. In  
each case except renumbering, my objective is working group last call  
after the meeting. In the case of renumbering, the objective is a  
recommendation to the chairs and the AD on the direction of the work.
     draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-01.txt
     draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-03.txt
     discussion of address selection policy, Ruri Hiromi
     draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt
     draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition-00.txt
     draft-chown-v6ops-renumber-thinkabout-05.txt

an hour for the following, objective being working group consensus on  
the topic:
     comments from the IAB on Internet routing today and in the future
     Marla's Word file sent to the mailing list
     draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-pa-mhome-community-01.txt
     draft-baker-v6ops-l3-multihoming-analysis-00.txt

I would encourage you to read, in advance:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-renumber- 
thinkabout-05.txt
   "Things to think about when Renumbering an IPv6 network", Tim
   Chown, 20-Sep-06

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16- 
deployment-scenarios-01.txt
   "IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16(e) Networks", Myung-Ki Shin,
   2-Oct-06

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon-01.txt
   "IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations", Gunter Van de
   Velde, 11-Jul-06

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-campus- 
transition-00.txt
   "IPv6 Campus Transition Scenario Description and Analysis", Tim
   Chown, 16-Oct-06

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec- 
tunnels-03.txt
   "Using IPsec to Secure IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnels", Pekka Savola,
   10-Oct-06

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-v6ops-l3- 
multihoming-analysis-00.txt
   "Multihomed IPv6 prefix delegation, aggregation, and distribution",
   Fred Baker, Marla Azinger, 16-Oct-06,

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-pa- 
mhome-community-01.txt
   "BGP Community for PA Multihoming", Iljitsch van Beijnum, 28-Sep-06

Also the note that Ruri posts to the list regarding her draft.

In each case, I would appreciate knowing in advance who will speak,  
and IETF policy requires that the ppt/pdf presentations be sent to me  
in advance. I have to post them...

I am also in need of volunteers to act as jabber scribe and to take  
minutes.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:57:01 +0100

>   "IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations", Gunter Van de

Hi,

There is an -02 version of this text inbound, the most notable changes
for which are the addition of more ISP oriented text.

> I am also in need of volunteers to act as jabber scribe and to take  

I can probably do minutes, if someone can cover the questions asked during
my two (short) presentations.

-- 
Tim

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:56:07 -0700

This is an update to my proposed agenda for the coming meeting.

Work approaching last call (10-15 minutes each):
     draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios
     draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels
     draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon
     draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition
     draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications

Ongoing work (10-15 minutes each):
     draft-chown-v6ops-renumber-thinkabout
     draft-arifumi-v6ops-addr-select-ps

an hour for the following collection, objective being working group  
consensus:

The fundamental question being asked is what the IETF would recommend  
to the operators and registries regarding address allocation and  
filtering in the presence of IPv6 multihoming. This will in turn  
affect draft-ietf-v6ops-routing-guidelines and may result in other  
documents.

The reading list includes the Word document that Marla posted to the  
mailing list and

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arifumi-v6ops-addr-select-ps
     "Problem Statement of Default Address Selection in Multi-prefix
     Environment: Operational Issues of RFC3484 Default Rules", Arifumi
     Matsumoto, 23-Oct-06,

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baker-v6ops-l3-multihoming- 
analysis
     "Multihomed IPv6 prefix delegation, aggregation, and
     distribution", Fred Baker, Marla Azinger, 16-Oct-06,

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chown-v6ops-renumber-thinkabout
     "Things to think about when Renumbering an IPv6 network", Tim
     Chown, 20-Sep-06

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment- 
scenarios
     "IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16(e) Networks", Myung-Ki Shin,
     2-Oct-06,

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon
     "IPv6 Unicast Address Assignment Considerations", Gunter Van de
     Velde, 11-Jul-06

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-campus-transition
     "IPv6 Campus Transition Scenario Description and Analysis", Tim
     Chown, 16-Oct-06

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels
     "Using IPsec to Secure IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnels", Pekka Savola,
     10-Oct-06,

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications
     "IPv6 Implications for Network Scanning", Tim Chown, 21-Jun-06,

     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-van-beijnum-v6ops-pa-mhome- 
community
     "BGP Community for PA Multihoming", Iljitsch van Beijnum,
     28-Sep-06