Subject: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels update

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:43:28 +0300 (EEST)

Hello all,

There was some discussion on this doc, in particular, about authors' 
suggestion to remove Tunnel mode support.  In response to the comments 
a specific operating mode of tunnel mode is described in an appendix. 
The reasons why we prefer transport mode instead (similar to RFC 3884) 
were discussed on the list and are expanded in the document.

The authors would welcome folks to take a look at this version to make 
sure that the document looks good.  I'd like to ask to send feedback 
by Oct 18 (in a week) so that we may consider whether the draft needs 
to revised prior to the IETF.

The tools WG page (including diffs etc.) is:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/v6ops/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

 	Title		: Using IPsec to Secure IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnels
 	Author(s)	: P. Savola, et al.
 	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-03.txt
 	Pages		: 22
 	Date		: 2006-10-10

This document gives guidance on securing manually configured IPv6-in-
    IPv4 tunnels using IPsec.  No additional protocol extensions are
    described beyond those available with the IPsec framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	[email-masked].
In the body type:
 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipsec-tunnels-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.