Subject: DHCP failures (was RE: Do you want to have more meetings outside US ?)

From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:40:36 -0700

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> ...
> The poor network infrastructure is not only a question of the links. It
> is a
> question of having a good or bad network, like the problem that we had
> all
> this week with the DHCP. Having a good link the network was still
> unusable
> 60% of the time. 

I had no problem at all because the IPv6 path didn't rely on the failing
DHCP service. ;)

That said, several of us did notice that the local DNS servers did not have
any AAAA records, so likely they did not have any IPv6 configured either.
Even if they did, we would need to finalize the work to put the DNS address
in the RA to completely avoid the need for DHCP for those that rely on local
configuration.

Tony