Subject: Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-02

From: Arifumi Matsumoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:01:47 +0900

Hi Ron,

sorry for my late reply.
We were in the new year holiday :)

Ron Bonica wrote:
> Folks,
> 
> The following are a few questions on draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-02:
> 
> 1) Do the authors want to publish this document as INFORMATIONAL or PS.
> The tracker says INFORMATIONAL but the document says PS. I recommend
> INFORMATIONAL.

I'm sorry I mistakenly put it back to std category.
Intended status is INFORMATIONAL.
I'll correct it when the draft needs update.

> 2) Does Section 2.1.7 belong in the document? The rest of Section 2.1
> talks about specific routing and forwarding problems. Section 2.1.7
> talks about semantic(?) issues.

In terms of address selection, temporary address and global address
selection is one of the problems that should be included in this
document, I think.

As other problem cases focus on a specific problem examples, they 
have figures and they look very concrete.
Regarding 2.1.7 we didn't pick up a specific problem example.
That might be the reason it looked rather semantic.

If it helps, I'll make it more concrete by focusing on a specific
problematic case.

Kindest regards,

-- 
Arifumi Matsumoto
    IP Technology Expert Team
    Secure Communication Project
    NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
    E-mail: [email-masked]