Subject: Can we discuss draft-miyata-v6ops-trans-approach?

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:27:37 -0800

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-miyata-v6ops-trans-approach
   "Translator specification approach", Hiroshi Miyata, 23-Dec-07,
   <draft-miyata-v6ops-trans-approach-00.txt>

At the mike in the last f2f meeting, the author made some comments,  
and then posted this draft. I think it would be good if people could  
read his remarks and comment to the list. This should help move the  
transition question forward.

---

From: Hiroshi MIYATA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:47:00 +0900

Thanks Fred, ;-)

I appreciate the discussion on this.

The document attempts to clarify what is required for translation
deployment.

I have not yet updated it since last submission, but some items should  
be added.
I think we may need to discuss and/or research like following items.

- What kind of technology is required by when.
	+ ultimate translator
	+ simple translator w/ some restriction
- What kind of operational issue would happen when we use translator.
- What is translator friendly behavior of Application and/or Service.
	+ If we develop the guideline, it would be helpful.
- Translator usage (Guideline)
- Evaluation[Bake-off](?)
- more..

Thanks for your comments.

....miyata